All Gabfire Themes are able to be translated into any language. The process of translating the theme is a user responsibility.
The following instructions are given as guidance.
How to Translate Your Theme
1. Set a language for the site on admin dashboard under the Settings on admin dashboard
2. Download and install the Poedit application.
3. Find wp-content/themes/your-theme/lang/en_US.pot file and open it with Poedit.
4. Click on Create New Translation
5. You will be prompted with a selectbox to choose the language you want to translate the theme into. Select your language.
6. As soon as you complete the translation, save file. Its important to use the WP Locale code as name of the file.
7. Two files will be generated with .po and .mo extensions.
8. Upload the .mo and .po files into wp-content/themes/your-theme/inc/lang
Your new language is now ready for use!
If you want to resume the translation later, download the translated .po file -> open it with Poedit -> Resume translation -> save again. This will give you a new .po and .mo files. Upload them both back into wp-content/themes/your-theme/inc/lang directory.
- Your WordPress installation should be in the language you intend on using for the site.
- CONTRIBUTE: In some cases, Gabfire community members provide translation files to us in various languages so that we include/share them with other users from the same country. We truly appreciate such translation files, so please feel free to post or send us the .mo and .po files for your language.
- Reference: WordPress in Your Language