Theme Playground – Test-Drive Gabfire Themes Instantly
From the Theme Playground, you can test-drive ANY of our themes before you purchase. This means you can truly see everything you would get with the theme, use its functions and features, review the options panel, and more. So there’s no surprises – what you see is what you get.
How Do I Setup a Playground Site?
1) Register an account on our Theme Playground. The username you select will be used as part of the the URL to your test site.
2) On the second screen, you will see the URL to your site (based on your username), and will be allowed to enter a title for your site.
3) You will receive a confirmation screen indicating the test site has been setup.
4) SKIP THIS STEP (NO LONGER VALID) – As indicated on your confirmation, an email will be sent to the address you input with an activation key. Please click that activation URL to enable your test site. See example of a sample email below.
Upon clicking the activation URL, the screen will display a message indicating the site has been enabled. It will provide the USERNAME and PASSWORD to your test site. Please copy the PASSWORD and save it for future reference. See screenshot below:
5) Now, visit your playground site and login. At this point, your site will look similar to a new WordPress installation and have the default WordPress theme installed. Therefore, you can now go to Appearance > Themes > and Activate a theme of your choice for testing purposes.
- Playground sites are automatically deleted 10 days after setup.
- Playground test site activation keys are invalid after 2 days if not used.
- Your playground site URL is unique. Please bookmark the URL, and make note of your login username and password.
Add Content and Configure Theme Options
Here are instructions to expedite your testing / site development:
- Configure Theme Options (especially the Theme Options > Categories (or Homepage) tab as that controls what posts are displayed in content areas on homepage). Note that there are many options you can configure in Theme Options panel, so take your time to familiarize yourself with each option.
- Add Posts with Thumbnail (assign different categories to posts) – Tutorial
- Once you have some content (posts and categories), you may want to refer to our Codex for more detailed instructions on special features.
Once you’ve decided what theme you wish to purchase, head on over to Gabfire Themes, make the purchase, and you’ll automatically get access to our very active Support Forums.