NOTE: We do NOT provide customization support on our support forum. Please make changes at your own discretion and carefully.
You can change your CSS in a few ways. Depending on the level of CSS skills you have, and the amount of CSS changes you plan on making, your preferred method may vary:
Method 1: Use the Custom CSS Theme Option
From your Dashboard, you can simply enter any CSS code into the Custom CSS box within THEME OPTIONS.
- Go to WP Admin ==> Gabfire Themes ==> THEME OPTIONS ==> Custom Styling ==> Find the Custom CSS box
- Enter your CSS code and Save Options upon completion.
Method 2: Use the Custom CSS File
As a means to isolate any of your changes from the theme’s CSS files, you can take advantage of the custom.css file. This will allow you to re-apply CSS changes should you ever update your theme, or wish to identify and modify your own changes.
- There is a custom.dist.css file within your theme directory.
- Rename it to custom.css and add your CSS code inside.
Method 3: Edit the CSS File Directly
You can edit the CSS file directly by FTP’n to your server. This is the method most tech-savvy users will prefer.
- FTP to your site and go to the theme directory and look within the /styles directory. There you will see several CSS files labeled per their style (such as default, red, blue, etc.)
- Open the file which reflects the active style you have selected in THEME OPTIONS. For example, if you are using the default style, then you would edit the default.css.
- Edit the file as you need.
- Save file.
- Refresh your site, clear cache (if any), and the CSS changes will be reflected.