Install WordPress, Theme and BuddyPress
- Install WordPress.
- Install the BuddyPress plugin. Requires BuddyPress 1.6 or above.
- Upload Connect into your theme directory but do NOT activate it yet.
- Activate the BuddyPress plugin and follow the on-screen instructions.
- As soon as BuddyPress plugin is activated, you will receive a message as below:
BuddyPress was successfully activated! Please run the installation wizard.
Click on the Installation wizard link and follow all instructions of the BuddyPress plugin.
Please note that as of BUDDYPRESS v1.7, a BP compatible theme is no longer necessary as BP will work with any theme.
Follow On-screen Instructions
- Choose the components you’d like to install and click on Save & Next
- You will be asked to create a WordPress page to correspond with each BuddyPress
component (Members, Groups, Activity, Forums, Activate, Register, Blogs & multisite only). Create these pages and link them to each component.
- At the next page select a permalink format.
- At the next page; under Other Themes title, you will see the following message:
- You have some other BuddyPress compatible themes available. Pick one of them from this list to use it.*
Select Connect and click *Use this theme* – be sure that Connect is selected in dropdown menu. DO NOT INSTALL BuddyPress template pack.
- Click on Finish and Activate button to complete installation.
If you have selected Forums component; you will have to take an extra step to use a forum with each group, or to use a standalone forum that is not related to groups. Click on Forums tabs and follow onscreen instructions in order to install forums.
Activate theme -> go to theme control panel -> and make sure to check Enable BuddyPress functions checkbox.